Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday 21st August

Well I've made a start. I spent all morning scouring the internet for research material and as promised I have put the links at the bottom of the screen.

The next task is to get my head down to some serious reading and then I will probably have to hit the road and get into Liverpool. It might be an idea to try and take some photos of the areas that I will be writing about. I always try to have a picture in my head as I am writing. It might sound daft but when I write the characters are very real to me and I like to have the scene set in my mind before I start with the plot.

I think that I am going to have to go to The Central Library for some of the research as most of the stuff online is only suitable for background notes. The more specific information e.g street maps of Liverpool for the period 1944 to 1970 are not available online.

I am going to try and keep a record of all my notes on this blog - not sure what format they will take yet but a promise is a promise and you will be able to see what direction the research takes and how I manage to build sufficient material for the real writing to start.

No comments: