Monday, October 27, 2008

What's in a name?

I'm stuck, I know it's daft, I haven't even started writing the flipping thing yet but already I've got a problem - I don't have a working title for the novel. I have been playing around with something that would reflect the fact that it is set around Liverpool in it's year as European Capital of Culture but nothing seemed quite right, especially not the 08 title I gave it for a while.

I'm trying to tell the story of a young man who flees Poland after the German invasion in 1940 and finds himself in Liverpool during the dark days of WW2. His story will cover his reasons for leaving Poland and his new life in Liverpool and London right up to the present day.

Dave has suggested - The lives and deaths of Max Napierkowski - I might stick with this unless you have a better idea....

No comments: