Monday, March 23, 2009

Here's the thing

It was while I was looking at some of my notes earlier today, I began to think that if any of you are new to my blog you might be wondering why I am posting 'part' chapters of the story (and not very well written ones at that) well without boring my old faithfuls, it might be good time to set out my stall - so to speak.

This blog is a work in progress - you are seeing everything I'm doing, warts and all.  I can't see the point in editing and rewriting behind the scenes only to present you with huge posts of the finished chapters just to try impress you, or worse still, to hope for lots of comments like 'gosh what a clever girl you are' 'I never knew you had it in you'  'who would have thought that when you were pretending to buy that TV when you were Mystery Shopping that really there was a budding author just waiting to burst out' Although the occasional word of encouragement wouldn't go amiss!!

Seriously though, when I originally set up this blog it was so that you could see how I am coping with every thing to do with writing my very first novel, everything from the research,  through the story development as well as the first drafts, live and uncensored. I wanted you to see  how I have travelled from an idea to hopefully the finished article (and every step along the way).

So there you are, you are reading about how I'm writing my first novel as well as the story as it grows, changes, gets better or more probably as I bin one draft and move onto the next - and between you and me, this is not as easy as it sounds.  So wish me well and keep reading...

 

No comments: