Friday, April 17, 2009

Is it wrong to leave this for a while?

Over the past few weeks I have found it very hard to get any writing done.  We have been so busy with one thing and another (I won't bore you with all the gory details here but I will be updating my blog very soon) and I just haven't had the time or to be honest the inclination to get down to work.

But last night, in the wee small hours, when I was tossing and turning, I started a story in my head, you know what it's like, you meet someone by chance and you start making up a story about them - well OK maybe you don't but I do - and believe me it can be a curse.  Sometimes I create such a convoluted tale that if I ever meet them again I have trouble separating fact from fiction - sorry I digress - so this morning I get up and last night's story is still there right in front of me, so rather than fight it I decided to put Max's story on hold and write down this new tale.

So here it is, the beginings of a new novel on a new website   http://deathinthemorning.blogspot.com/ 
The first 2000 words of the first draft are written and I would very much appreciate it if you would take a gander and tell me what you think - be honest - (but always remembering that I am a sensitive soul who is prone to tears if she has too much negative criticism)


No comments: